Where to Find Canadian Sleeping Barrels
The maximum size for an auxiliary building is 10 sm or about 100 sf without requiring a permit and inspection. It can be any length and width that does not exceed that floor area. If those are outside dimensions (not interior) then yes no permit required.
Howard Leung, Principal | M.Arch, LEED AP
Sandrin Leung Inc.
604 747 2037 (office)
Our Canadian sleeping barrels have become a welcome and popular choice for many eco-tourism operations throughout Vancouver Island and beyond. In addition to many private purchases, our Canadian sleeping barrels may be seen and rented at the following recreational locations:
- PHEASANT GLEN GOLF RESORT in Qualicum Beach
- Dave & Katy’s in Pender Harbour
- GPO Charters, Ucluelet (contact GPO if you’re interested in renting one out for a weekend!) 1-250-920-9020
- Pacheedaht First Nations Campground in Port Renfrew
- How about a barrel cut right into a cabin as a second bedroom
- Check our BLOG to see our latest – we made one of our sleeping barrels look like a covered wagon
There is nothing we can’t do to make your sleeping barrel everything you dreamed of. We offer a mini fridge, coffee maker, fan, heater, wine rack, glass rack and microwave or ANYTHING you can dream up. We can build a range of bed / sleeping configurations including: King, Queen, Single or bunk beds – we can even do pet beds!
Have an idea? Let’s work together to make it a reality!
We now offer a combination barrel sauna / sleeping barrel thanks to our newest client.
It is a barrel sauna with electric heater and benches on both sides, however when company arrives, the center insert is taken from storage and placed in the center making the sauna into a sleeping platform. If the guest gets cold, they simply turn the electric sauna heater on low.